Highlands is one of the largest centres on the North Shore to help us all recycle and reuse. Yes, the annual Highlands Flea Market is legendary, and for good reason. It’s where you’ll find low-cost household items and clothing for the entire community. Great bargains and great fun!
Have some things you’d like to donate?
Donations of items that are clean, undamaged, and in working order are accepted on Saturday mornings at Highlands Church south parking lot from 10 am to noon.
Thinking about participating in the Flea Market in 2023?
Many hands make light work. The Flea Market is one of Highlands’ largest events and we need lots of hands and giving hearts to make it a success. To assist with set-up, clean-up or to work in one of the many departments, keep an eye out in the fall for requests for volunteers in our Weekly Highlights.
Making a difference in the community
As items are donated throughout the year, Highlands often responds to the needs of other organizations for specific items:
- Men’s clothing and blankets for First United Church
- Baby equipment for the North Shore Neighbourhood House
- Medical health equipment for the Red Cross Loan Cupboard
- Household items for Home Start and Shelter to Home
- Good summer clothing for the Lions Gate Thrift Shop
- Formal dresses for the Cinderella Project