- Highlands United Church is part of the United Church of Canada.
- More than 400 people, of all ages, think of Highlands as their home church.
- Worship is both in person and online on Sunday mornings. This community of faith is local, province-wide, Canada-wide and often international, thanks to Highlands online.
- Youth programs (Grade 4 and up) are crazy fun, from movie nights and games nights to Christmas lights limo rides and The Amazing Race in Edgemont Village. And sometimes they are serious too, like retreats, discovery trips, and talking about things that matter.
- Kids are a big part of Highlands. There’s programming on Sunday mornings during worship for younger children, as well as nursery care.
- Three choirs! Close to 100 voices in the adult choir, a youth choir, and a little people’s choir for 4 to 7 year olds.
- Highlands embraces a progressive theology, a community focus, a passion for social justice.
- We look at the Bible in its historical context and also ask what it might have to say to us today. We take the Bible seriously, but not literally.
- Highlands is inclusive. Whoever you are, whomever you love, whatever your gender identity, whatever your sexual orientation, your ability, your age, your ethnicity, your race, your life circumstances, whether you live on the North Shore or somewhere else, you are welcome here.
Highlands is a place for
inspiring worship, music, art,
sharing stories, meals, laughter,
discovering and showing the love of God,
trying something new,
making a difference in the world.